Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android
Many applications we use are distributed systems. Some examples are ATM systems, social media and currency trading. Depending on the type of application, we might need to process system events in a logical order also known as causal order. Aly Cabral, Lead Product Manager at MongoDB, explained how causal order is implemented in a database system. We talked about several design implementations that she and her team at MongoDB considered. Aly explained concepts like distributed systems, clock synchronization and dependency tracking.
MongoDB is a sponsor of the show.
Check out MongoDB world on May 4-6 in New York City.
- 3 day educational conference
- Over 100 sessions, tutorials and workshops, to grow your technical skills in MongoDB.
- Technical sessions about database sharding, transactions, aggregation and more.
- Sessions in product management, diversity and inclusion, career paths and more.
- Community events: meetups, networking, mentoring
- Get 40% off a ticket with promo code WITSHOW